Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Old Clubhouse

I find the Club house history a bit like the Monty Python Castle sketch in The Holy Grail. It went like this, "Everyone said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, well I built that castle...and...it sunk into the swamp, so..I built another castle and it too sank into the swamp, I built a third Castle...that one fell over, burned down and sank into the swamp...but the last one held, and it's the strongest castle around."

I was asked to see if I could find a picture of the old Club House, I believe we had two earlier buildings (or three) not sure. I believe two burned. But here are two photos of one of the older buildings during a Club get together.



I do not know if this was the last building before our current building. but here are a couple photos of fire damage...examine them closely.


The reason I mentioned that is that both these photos of a fire at the Club have soot damage to them...so I am assuming there was another fire after the fire seen here and these photos were...there then?

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment