Monday, April 23, 2012

Gettin old sucks

Looking at the world around me, I am not old, at least not compared to most of the people around me, and for the most part, they really aren't old either. (Unless you talk to a teenager). But...I found that I don't handle things the way I used to, things that I never had an issue with before...hurt now. I remember when I was young, standing on a thawing pond, waiting for the ice to start to sag then trying to out run the break. Most of the time we didn't make it, the ice would sag, we would take three steps, slide backwards as it continued to sag, then it would just blow out under us and we would come up spitting ice cold water. Later we would walk home with frozen clothes and stiff as a board. No problem.

Yesterday was on the damp side, standing and walking around Ocean Beach as the wet soaked through the clothes brought stiffness and pain.pain in the ankles, knees, hips, and back. Everything I wore yesterday was soaked through by the time I made it home. My bathroom today smells like wet leather, and yes it is all still wet, except the hat. The only dry riding gear I have is my rain suit, which, just like yesterday is sitting in the right side saddlebag. Today my right shoulder is shot, can't lift anything and there is of course pain.

It's pretty bad when a little water makes you hurt.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment