Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maybe

Posted October 7, 2010 NLMC blog


I have been thinking, (it doesn't happen often, but it doe's happen), I love the new bike, I love the ride, the way it handles, the color, everything. But, I don't believe I thought the purchase through all the way when I bought it. I absolutely love the clean bags look, no saddlebag rails, I love the way Harley put the turn signals and brake lights on that small bar and worked the tail lamp into the rear fender. But... I would love to have lowers on the bike, especially in the rain, not to mention they block the wind on your legs, the addition of them takes away from the StreetGlide look, but I can live with that, but there's the price.

When I bought the Bike I forgot to have the CB added, The portable works to an extent, but not quite right. So I need to add that... but there's the price.

I want to have the tour-pak on the back, removable so it's not there all the time, I believe they're ugly, but they do serve a purpose, and sometimes you need one.

Now... let's see where we stand.....
I love the color but it shows every speck of dirt and debris,

Adding lowers to the bike, (matching Merlot and cherry paint) $2000.00

Adding the CB, parts and labor $2100.00

Tour-pak, matching paint and quick release $2000.00

So here I am with approx. $6000.00 worth of equipment to add to the bike. Ain't going to happen...so

I'm thinking in the Spring to trade the HX in on a new bike, Electra Glide Ultra Classic with all the bells and whistles, have the tourpak made quick release and have the bike in a different color, something that doesn't show the dirt on a high-gloss metallic paint scheme...maybe something like grey...Krylon primer grey.



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment