Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I learned a new trick to clearing a driveway...

All you need is a Fire in a neighbors house!!!

Finding a neighbor neighborly enough to have one for you may be rough.

Sunday morning, I woke up, shoveled around the car, drove to the store (out of cigarettes) then returned home to do the driveway and front walk. I walked in the house to get dressed for the weather when I heard a noise on the front Ramp. Opening the door I found my neighbor shoveling the ramp and walkway. Knowing my back is questionable he asked if I would mind his clearing the driveway for me. Mind?

I stepped back in the house as the Fire Department rescue truck passed by out front. 5 minutes later my neighbor walked in the backdoor and exclaimed he was finished shoveling, the driveway was clear. I asked him how could you clear a driveway in 5 minutes. He told me with a big smile.

He said, "If you look out the window you'll notice one of the other neighbors houses had a fire, (Chimney)." He had just started to shovel when one of the Fire department support vehicles arrived, the driver told him to get out of the way, they need to put a fire truck in there (my driveway), The Fireman then dropped the plow on the front of the vehicle and plowed the driveway and backup area. Job done. Damage to neighbors house minimal.

This led us to another discussion, there is another storm due in this Wednesday, (they're talking 12 inches), we're trying to figure out which neighbor needs to call the fire department then. He would like it to be closer to his house. (He has a long "U" shaped driveway.)



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment