Tuesday, January 25, 2011

An Epiphany

I usually wax lyrical about all the wonders, beauty, and grandeur of the warmer months, the warmth, the smells, the colors, and life. Everything from grasses, trees and leaves, to mosses and flowers, from birds to deer. The beauty of a shaded pine grove, to a waterfall cutting down through a forested ledge. But I believe my point of view may be bias, based on the fact that those are the months where being on a motorcycle rises above all else.
     I was parked on the interstate this morning, ( a four wheel drive Jeep had found that 4 wheel drive helps you go, but doesn't help much in a slide, and parked in the revine), I was looking to the left and noticed the silent leafless trees, with Mountain Laurel lining a rock ledge revine with a stream flowing through it, all snow covered and the snow falling. Now, I always say I hate snow, it's cold, it's wet, and it has to be cleared away requiring exertion and causing pain, but today, the snow was surealistic, it looked like Hollywood Christmas movie snow, or...like sitting in a giant snow globe. It was actually beautiful. It shows the Lord has a way to make even one of the simplist of things , like frozen water, beautiful.

Of course..as beautiful as it was...I prefer 70-90 degrees and a motorcycle.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment