Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Last Saturday

First I have to say that because I worked Saturday, it mean't I had to go home after work and clear a driveway, there's nothing like standing out in the wind on a cold evening lifting a shovel full of snow, over and over again. Plus it turned out that for some reason the Town plow crew used my driveway as a end point in their plow run.

Why did I tell you that? Just so you know I didn't just blow off the New Haven County dinner. Now because I wasn't there I'll leave that guy who sits in the middle of the head table during the meetings to tell you the rest. (you know the guy, bangs a gavel too hard)

From the President


Last night, Sat. 01/08, we joined the New Haven County members for a dinner night out. Chairwoman Joanne Natale picked a great place, Eli's on the Hill, across from Brother's Harley Davidson on Rte 1 in Branford. The ambiance was nice and the food was outstanding. Roughly 25 members attended which was more than I expected due to the poor weather conditions. We had our own private room on the second floor and it was just a great evening. It was Drew Lombardi's birthday so of course we celebrated. It was a bit slippery and snowy going home but worth the trip.


If your County is planning something make sure I get it out to our membership. If I cannot attend please send me a report so I can forward it to our membership.


Jim


Here are a few photos of the evening thanks to Vinny P.







No comments:

Post a Comment