Sunday, January 2, 2011

Do you ever wish you had your earlier rides?

Posted September 13, 2010 NLMC blog


I wish I had kept some of my bikes, and if I had a chance (and the money) I would buy replacements.
None of these photos are of my bikes, these were found on line.
My first bike was a 1964 Yamaha YG1, 80cc motorcycle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second bike was a Honda 150 Dream:



Mine had front and rear front fender rails, and no back rack.

The speedometer on mine had a crack in the glass when I sold it, I put it there, with my head.

I was traveling down rte 184 at about 50mph when the rear wheel locked up, my head slammed the speedo (which probably explains alot). grabbed the clutch, coasted to the side of the road, then pushed it home. We found a part of a washer which had sheard off in the tranny and jammed between the gears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a 1974 Honda 550four, looked like this when I bought it in 1980.


Then me and my brother cut the frame, welded on a hardtail, raked the front, extended the tubes, new tank, wide rear tire, Z bar, new headlight and taillight, well...the only thing left from the above piture would be the engine and front of the frame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other bike I wish I still owned was a 1964 Triumph 650, chopper with long springer and eight bend bars.
Out of the four...I would want the Honda 150 Dream, it just had great lines and it was fun to ride

No comments:

Post a Comment