Thursday, March 25, 2010

Service blues

I was at work this morning trying to figure out a way to drop a bike in Lebanon and get a ride back. Made contact with a couple Club members and could find no one to help, so I called my delivery driver who was in Old Saybrook at the time and told him to meet me in Willimantic.
I backed the bike out into the sun and started it up, the air was warm and inviting. I headed out down Colman to Bayonet and onto 32 north. There was a back up of traffic on 32 due to a 4 car accident at the 395 connector but I cleared that quickly and took 163 to 395. The bike purred along, the air was warm and the spring smells surrounded me. I jumped off on rte 2 and back on 32, up Franklin hill and on into Willimantic. I grabbed 66 to Columbia and having started with low fuel I was waiting for the tank to hit reserve. The gas ran out as I pulled into Columbia Motorsports, switched to reserve and shut it down.  

After grabbing my special ordered parts I stepped outside and via cel directed my delivery driver from Willimantic to Columbia. Had a smoke while I waited and talked to Rick on the phone. Once the driver showed up I started the bike and headed out along 66 to Lebanon and some great back road.riding, a little sand here and there but nothing to keep you from scraping plates. Fifteen minutes later the bike was parked at Hazlets garage and I was on my back to work riding in a delivery truck. Today was one of those days where you just didn't want to stop riding, little to no traffic, sun shining, warm air with spring smells in the air, and a bike beneath you that grabs the corners, accelerates smooth and produces a low roar out of the exhaust.  
    I won't be riding with the Club tonight or this weekend, the bike will still be in the shop, I know it won't be long to have it finished, it's just in for an oil change, Spring tune up,full inspectrion and to have the broken petcock replaced, but I have the itch. I have been back at work for about an hour and have already walked in the back room and lamented the empty spot where the bike belongs.
           All I can pray for is a great riding season, and hopefully a lot warmer and dryer year than last year.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment