Sunday, March 28, 2010

Member Profile: Theresa Anderson



Theresa is one of those people everyone loves, Not only a fantastic person but when on her bike, the bike and her become one. My ex-girlfriends daughter refers to Theresa as "Her Cave Woman" I know that doesn't sound all that good, but in her eyes Theresa is a female Macgyver, I the words of that 19 year old, "Put Theresa in Caveman days and she would rule, there is nothing she can't do".

Tree lives in North Stonington, is a Road Guard and a Road Sergeant. Her first bike, in April of 06, was a 1982 Honda Shadow 750, Since then she has over 56,000 miles under her belt. In her words, "I started riding out of necessity and got a little obsessed". Currently Tree cruises on a 2006 Vulcan Classic LT 900, blue and silver with Pegasus on the side covers. You can find her on the road all year long, and like it says on her vest, "If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride". When I asked her what other bikes she has had she replied, "A Schwinn and a Trek mountain bike". 
(She hates this photo because she is eating)

For a profession Tree drives a school bus, yes she spends her days dealing with obnoxious loud little people, 14 years of dealing with obnoxious loud little people, she is also in training to become a Certified Motorcycle Instructor for the State of Connecticut. As for Family she is Married to Curt (former Club Secretary) and has 5 children, 1 boy, four girls. 

Tree Joined the Club in August of 2006 after finding it on the Internet, it was just a matter of wanting to ride with a group, her first big ride with the Club was a Vermont weekender. Her favorite things to do are Chilling out with family and riding with her friends.


For myself I found Tree to be one of the first people in the Club to welcome me in and make me feel like part of the family. Usually yelling at me at restaurants for sitting alone. She is one of the most pleasant people I have ever known, and am proud to have her as a friend.

When I asked her what were her favorite roads, or rides...She said "All of them".




klay

No comments:

Post a Comment