Saturday, June 8, 2013

I had an idea for a good weekend

I came up with an idea on Friday, a way to ensure a good weekend, 

it failed miserably.

I walked up to the balcony at work, (sort of like Olympus), walked into the Owners office and informed him that we were planning to cook a lunch on Monday. I told him we were planning a fish bake, large fillets wrapped in foil and cooked with "old Bay", lemon and butter, on the grille. He smiled approvingly. 

I said, "The only thing issssss... We will not be opening the department on Saturday and we would be requiring his boat for the weekend to get the fish".

If you know who I work for you can probably visualize what his boats look like...




He smiled again and said, "You know, in all the boats I ever had, only one of them has ever even seen fish, and that was when someone opened a can of tuna in the galley."

So..here it is Saturday, am I out on a boat fishing?  Nope......and I am sitting in my department...blogging this.

klay





No comments:

Post a Comment