Thursday, November 8, 2012

THRIVING ON MISERY

I have a tendency to make peoples lives miserable. It's one of my joys in life. There is a word for it and I have heard it many times. It has become a rather expected response given to me.

Case in point. 
One of the people who works for me drives one of these.
A Challenger Hemi.

Now in case you have never driven one of these I'm going to let you in on a secret. They are not designed for winter use. Hell, they're not designed for use in the rain. It has something to do with the torque to grip factor. 
Anyway, this morning was windy and wet, where we are, what started as snow yesterday changed over quickly to rain and sleet. So this morning, one of the first things I heard was how his car was all over the road. As the day progressed the rain, (heavy drizzle) continued. About halfway through the morning I took a walk over to another building and back. In between the two buildings I found a pickup truck who's bed was full of snow. So I picked up a big clump and started making a snow ball. We work in a cave, there is no view of the outside world, there could be a tank truck on fire out front carrying  Hydrocyanic Acid and we wouldn't know about it, No one would probably tell us about it either. 
I walked in my department, threw the snowball across the room and exclaimed, "Man, it is coming down out there!"  I have never seen this guy move so fast, he ran, ran to the rear of the department, down the hall and outside. A few minutes later he came walking back in. Once again I heard my nick name. There was a general roll of laughter running through the place so it is nice to know that sometimes being an Asshole...is appreciated.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment