Wednesday, November 21, 2012

they stare back, they Always....stare back

At night, each night, I sit alone in the living room of my house, looking out through the glass in the back door, into the darkness.
And each night there are two steel gray green eyes staring back. Every night I see these eyes as I sit in the light and watch the night descend. Not man, nor woman,  the eyes sit too close, and still they stare in. This is no child either for the eyes are raised too high above the rear step...but still they stare in. Even as I sit miles away at work during the light of day, I can see those eyes in my mind staring back.  And I know they will be there tonight.

There is a sadness in those eyes, a look as if they are seeking or needing that which they can not find themselves. Not a hint of anger or a touch of evil, more a longing for what they cannot achieve alone.

I know they want me to rise, to get up out of my chair and come to them. They want me to cross the distance in the warm light of the home to the darkness outside. And though I will be wont to stay where I rest, I know I will rise and cross that room, and with my face up against the glass I will stare out into the darkness of the night, into the gray green depths of those eyes and ask of them what they wish. And I know my hand will move to the handle, undo the lock and swing the door open, and the eyes will drop to the ground, as the shadow that holds them turns away then turns towards me and runs past me into the light, into the warmth, into the house and I will be alone in there no more.





Until of course ehe wants to go out again...
in lets say....5 minutes




klay

No comments:

Post a Comment