Saturday, August 31, 2013

This Blog is Your Blog, This Blog is My Blog, .................. This Blog was Made for the NLMC

I'm having a great time managing the blog for the club, but this is the club's blog and club members should add to it if they want to. I encourage you to do this. This is the member's forum where you can share information, bring up club related issues and join in the conversation.

I'd especially like to hear from the silent majority. Those members who, for whatever reason, have chosen not to be an active member (i.e. not participating in meetings or rides). If there is something you think we should be doing or a change that you think will benefit the club, this is the place to bring it up. I'm not promising the change will happen, but you won't find any supporters for your ideas by keeping them to yourself.


BASICALLY THERE ARE THREE (3) WAYS YOU CAN DO THIS:


1) COMMENTING ON EXISTING POSTS
One way is to comment on blog posts. I try to make the posts interesting, but often there are details or stories about our events that I wasn't privy to. Commenting on the blog post I put up is an easy way to add that story or tidbit to the posting.

At the bottom of each post you'll either see "No comments:" or a number followed by "Comment(s):" Clicking on either of these will make a text box appear where you can type your comment.

Below that there is a Drop-Down Box titled: "Comment As" here you'll need to sign-in with one of the following applications:
Google
LiveJournal
WordPress
TypePad
AIM
OpenID

The only one I have experience with is Google, which is very simple. If you already have a G-mail account, you can use that. If not, just go to Google.com, click on G-MAIL and then on CREATE AN ACCOUNT and follow the prompts from there. It's free.

Once you type your comment, hit the "PUBLISH" key. This will send me an e-mail to edit your comment. I promise to publish all comments unless I consider them to be too inflammatory or illegal.



2) CREATING NEW POSTS
If you have a story, suggestion or picture that you want to share please send it to my G-mail account (VinceSileo@gmail.com). Please identify yourself as a club member in the e-mail.  I'll probably publish it directly or write back if I have a question or suggestion. I will also take the liberty of making grammatical corrections (if I catch them) unless it appears to have been purposefully done to enhance the tale.



3) SHARING ON FACEBOOK
I've noticed that there is quite a bit of club activity on Facebook that I enjoy taking part in, but not all members enjoy using Facebook. So I may copy some discussions onto the blog if I think it would be good for the club. I don't always get to see all of the postings on my Facebook page; so if there is something you are posting on Facebook and want to share it with the blog, just send me a Facebook message. 



GOOD OF THE CLUB

* Keep in mind that the blog is representative of the club and should be beneficial to the club and its members. 

* Posting items that you want to give away or sell are OK, but advertising a business is not. We also have a spot for this on the club's website as well.   http://www.newlondonmotorcycleclub.com/forsale.html

* This is not a political or religious forum. I will not post political or religious stories, discussions or comments.

* I will not use the blog to disparage any one's character. Any humorous tales will be presented in a good-natured manner. 


Thank you to all the blog readers. I hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment