Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Middlesex County Event

I was pleasantly surprised as I pulled into Dunkin Donuts yesterday to find Danny, Mark, Jon, Randy and Julie waiting for me. Lane pulled in just as we were mounting up. I thought that six bikes, seven riders showing up together at the Bike Night was a pretty good showing. We arrived to find Vinny, John & Bunny, Dave & Margo, Wells and one other member (whose name escapes me at the moment, sorry!) already there. And shortly after we arrived, so did Dale & Melinda and Tom. So we really did make an impressive showing. Vinny looked happy.



We were given a post-it note for each of out bikes. On the note was a number and we were asked to write our name, make, model and year of our bike and to stick it to the headlight. Then everyone was to vote for the bike they thought was best. Somehow a dozen post-it notes from fellow club members ended up on my headlight. I don't think this increased my chances of winning.



Why the bullet holes? I didn't ask.

Love the look of this modified UJM !

Nice bike! But the saddle bags are too busy. 

Falling with this bike looks like it would be more painful than most. 



Does this one look familiar? This was the bike that Mark traded in for the Ultra Guide.




















                                    Is that a bush or does Mark have a sideways Mohawk?

We didn't stick around to find out who won the bike contest, but I think Margo won the 50/50. Vinny lead us on a shoreline ride. The first stop was a little parking lot on the beach off CT154.














 This young lady was kind enough to take the group picture you see above - about SIX times. Everyone gave her their camera's and even a cell phone or two. She was a real good sport about it. Too bad she doesn't ride.

Cousin Vinny regaled us with tales of UFO's that have been observed here.
 





Next we were off to the Dock and Dine at Saybrook Point to see the progress made since the last hurricane.










Next we were off for handmade ice cream at the James Soda Fountain; which I highly recommend.












The party ended at about 8:45 PM. A bunch of us followed Mark up to I95 and over the bridge to CT156 up to CT82 and then we started splitting up from there. I think I can speak for all who attended when I say that we had a very good time and Cousin Vinny will have a difficult time trying to top this next month.





No comments:

Post a Comment