Sunday, February 26, 2012

The bike is home

Jerry Miner gave me a ride so that I could pick it up yesterday. (am working on talking him into a Road King). I brought it home, put it in it's shed, and headed out to take care of things I had to.

The bike came home yesterday, and as usual when a shop works on it they do not mark the locations of where the shifters and pegs were. Sometimes they mark the pegs, but never the shifter arms. I know its easy to put them back, it's a matter of loosening and removing a allen screw, removing the rear lever, loosening a allen bolt, sliding the forward lever off, repositioning it where you want, tightening the screw, then sliding the heal shifter on and re tightening that bolt. But you know something? Working for BMW has taught me something, people have preferences. At BMW if something is replaced it is put back where it was, if a new radio is installed the customers station favorites are placed back in the unit. It is a simple matter for a tech working on a motorcycle to mark the shifters TDC with a line and put them back so that line lines up.Same with pegs.

That said, My bike needs to have its pegs moved, it needs to have the shifters relocated, and a charging lead installed, easy enough, but I don't have the time this morning and am really not in the mood to sit on a cold ass driveway and re align two shift levers and four highway pegs. The pegs require getting on and off the bike, checking for position as each one is done.

So since they are wrong, I will not be on today's ride.

Maybe later today, I will be able to hit the road.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment