Monday, March 4, 2013

Woke up to tell you where to go.

I figured since I was up I would take a moment and tell you about, my morning.  I woke up this morning with no idea where I was going to go. I jumped in the car and headed across 184 to 32 then crossed over onto route 395. I still had no idea but figured perhaps...north, into Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire or west to New York state. In Franklin I realized I still had no idea, and no desire to go to Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, or New York. I turned left onto 207, and followed that to Lebanon. In the past I would have driven up Clubhouse road and found Rick and hijacked him for a ride somewhere. But that option no longer exists. I turned south on 87 down to 163 and into Norwich where I visited my adopted daughter, Julie. That would be the girl I took on one of my first Club rides and most of the members thought perhaps I was a Perv. After visiting her I received a phone call to go to Breakfast so I headed down 395 and 32 to 95, then east into Rhode Island. Breakfast was at 75 Oak street (rte 91) in Westerly.

Christina's Place has a menu different than most restaurants in this area, For one thing, as a special today they had a twelve (yes 12) egg omelet. As a matter of fact, to make it easier I'll post the menu here...


Additionally, today one of the specials was the Italian sausage, Soupy Frittata. This is what I had for breakfast. The service at Christina's is pretty fast, they come to you quick and take your order fast. Getting your order on the other hand takes a while, but the food is worth the wait. 

The Soupy is excellent, If you are not familiar with soupy, it is a pork sausage which seems to be made only in Westerly...by everyone. It's almost safe to say if you live in Westerly then you have sausage curing in your house during the first few months of the year...every year.

The Soupy is probably the reason I am writing this, I just woke up and am suffering from an extreme case of Agita (Heart burn). But don't let this stop you from eating there. The heartburn may also have been from eating Habaneros about an hour before going to bed.

klay


No comments:

Post a Comment