Friday, March 22, 2013

Now the rest of the Tin Sign story.

The two signs were picked up on a trip up to the Billerica Massachusetts Harley Dealership, "High Octane".


The dealer had them on a wall behind the cashier, I asked the price and the girl said all the lower level tin signs were 15 dollars apiece. Then she turned to the other girl and asked if that was correct. The other confirmed the price saying the two rows of signs on the upper wall were more, all the rest were $15.00.
So I bought two. 

When I got to Ayer Mass, where we stopped for lunch I pulled the signs out to look at them. On the back of each sign was a price sticker. $30.00, I looked at the receipt, $15.00 each. So either the signs were on sale, half off, or the girls made a mistake, either way I got two signs half off.

Deciding to raffle them off for the Club, we did them one at a time, The first sign brought in $74.00 and was won by Mister Dana McFee, the second sign brought in $60.00 and was won by the same guy.

So with a small $30.00 donation we made a total of $134.00  That means we can go out and buy...I don't know...a book of stamps maybe... Or a dinner for the Club...if we use the McDonald's Dollar menu.


Doesn't that look yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment