Monday, March 11, 2013

Central Sports

I bought an Old Town Canoe from Central Sports at 555 Norwich Ave, Taftville, CT 06380 years ago, a red 14 to shoot rapids. I ALMOST bought a Kawasaki from them, but being a man of immediate wants and needs, I arrived there on a Sunday and they were closed so I went to Plainfield and picked up the, then new, 2008 VStar. I did go back to Central Sports two years ago and bought a snow blower off them, it worked for the end of that season....and has been sitting in the yard as a ornament ever since the carburator decided to pour fuel all over the place. I have not been back to Central Sports since then.

One of my employees is looking to get a new Sport bike, so this weekend he loaded his three kids in the car and cruised up to Taftville to check out the bikes...small wrinkle though...Central Sports is gone. He almost bought some furniture though. The place is now Amazing Furniture. He used to be one of those full throttle screaming down the roads kind of guy, but since he had the kids he has taken a more responsible attitude, sold his bikes and been a dad. Well time passes and he wants to get something just to zip around on like a 600. His wife agreed and said he could get one.

This morning he mentioned the 600, I kind of laughed at him...He was just on line looking for a used bike, I asked him what Columbia had for used, he said it was no good, all they had were a couple 600s. I asked,"I thought that's what you were looking for". He smiled and said...the bike will show up, it will be all shiny and sparkly...the wife won't know what engine the thing has.

The secret I guess with being married is never being too specific, you tell her you want a new bike, just don't go into too many details, tell her you just want a small one to bop around town on...

All those bikes are about the same size anyway...aren't they?





What's the line?   220, 221...whatever it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment