Friday, March 1, 2013

How is you day going?

For me, Today started yesterday. Last night I hit the highway on Charlene, cruising along the tarred thoroughfare I began to notice a tad bit of temperature variance. A couple weeks ago I had this issue also, went for a ride and my left foot got cold. everything else was fine, just my left foot. Well, last night I noticed it again and when I put my foot up on the highway peg I felt a distinct wind effect. When I arrived at the Diner for my pre-Club meal of a bowl of bacon I found that the stitching on the side of the boot has opened up. 
So...after work today I need to get some new boots.

At Dunkin Last night I had Tree pull up the weather forecast for this morning to see if I was taking Charlene home for the night and riding in or dropping her at work. The forecast was saying snow showers starting around mid-nite and ending around noon. I took Charlene to work and dropped her off. I really didn't want to wake up this morning to snowy roads and a ride to work..Did YOU see the weather this morning...Bright sunshine and a hair above 40. No ride for me this morning.

Last night as I was dropping off Charlene, I unlocked the door walked around and opened the receiving bay, I walked back up to the side of the bike and lit up a smoke. As I did my peripheral vision caught Charlene rolling backwards to the left, I jumped forward and reached out to get her, as I did I realized she wasn't rolling anywhere, she was just sitting there, it was me who was moving, I was drifting to the right and turning. Then I realized I wasn't moving at all.        Something weird going on there, maybe a equilibrium fart.

This morning I woke up, feel like crap, Got in the car and went to work. I was almost tempted to call in sick but I just laid off someone and that would leave only one guy here to work when Jay's on the road. I don't like sticking one person with the shop. Too many phones, customers and techs to deal with by yourself. I arrived at work and found that that one guy...had called in injured. So...Jason is working on the orders...and when he goes on the road I will be here alone.

Just to keep the day going in  the same pattern, We received a large shipment of parts from Toyota over night. Unfortunately its the shipment we sent to them. Some how it went out, cruised around, then floated back without ever getting to Toyota.

On top of that, either BMW has decided to try a new packing method or they have an employee that needs a little training. Jason is finding boxes that the parts are just tossed into, and the tags with the part numbers are all stuck to the outside of the boxes.  Can you tell the difference between a vent hose, vent hose 1, vent hose for oil  separator, vent hose for valve cover, etc...Just a pile of parts he has to sort through and try to figure what part goes with which number. I had him forward me a photo of the mess and I sent it to every BMW contact I had, explaining our ...dis-pleasure.

But there is one good thing about today....

There is only Thirteen and a half more hours till Saturday...

When I get to come back to work.

klay



No comments:

Post a Comment