Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30th

Well, it's Saturday...

Saturday March 30, 2013...

53 years ago today my mother was in the Hospital and my father was probably pacing the floor. So much work and worry for what? At 11:32 am I will "officially" be another year older...

Remember when you were 6 or 7? You wanted to be 12, one of the "Big Kids", when you were 12 you wanted to be 16 and have your licence, 16 was cool for a while, but 18 would be better (in the 70's the legal drinking age was 18, it had to do with the Vietnam war, 18 and 19 year olds could fight and die for their country but couldn't have a beer so they lowered the age). Being 18 and 19 was cool, except school was over and you had to go out and get a job, (Actually I was working at Stonington Subaru when I was 16, had to get working papers to do it.). Then the 20's came along, probably the best age to be, anywhere in the 20's and early to mid 30's. After that...

Then the 40's roll in, you still think you're a kid, you still want to do all the things you used to, of course your body knows the difference...it can still do just about everything it used to, it just does everything a tad bit slower. But you are still healthy and that's a major plus.

The 50's roll in and all of a sudden your close vision goes south, something to do with the cornea flattening out. Then there are aches and pains, and the occasional failure on the part of one or another of your systems.

So here I am...three years into my 50's and I've pretty much had enough. I have too many parts that don't work as well as they should and way too many more that hurt when they do anything.

Craig sent me a Birthday wish,
"Happy Birthday and many more"


God I hope not
the way the 50's feel...
I not so sure I want to try on the 60's
Hell, I still have 7 more 50's to deal with.

klay

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one.

    -Mike Deane

    ReplyDelete