Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome to the Hartford Motorcycle Show

You drive up route 2 avoiding the local constabulary, or doing the speed limit (which ever you prefer), jump on Route 84 for a split second as it crosses the Connecticut River, then jump on route 91 for about a 1/2 mile and your at the exit for the Expo. It's going to cost you $4.00 or $5.00 to park depending on which lot, admission (don't forget your discount coupon, (I did)), and lunch. I suggest bringing your own lunch, it'll probably taste better and at the prices save you a bit o cash (a bottle of beer costs $7.00). Oh yeah...BRING CASH, I found most of the Vendors accept cash or check no plastic and if Sunday is like Saturday the ATM will be empty by 11am.   


There seemed to be less vendors this year,






But the layout seemed to be better,

But lets face it, The reason you're there is for the show and the show was pretty good, with a nice variety of models and styles, there were a lot of photos being taken...







   But seriously the show is about the bikes...













And yes,,, The bike has a DVD player mounted on the bars




There were a lot of bikes on display but by far, my favorite was this one, and if you beleive the paint job the bike must weigh about a ton, I mean its made out of white and gray marble, really a nice effect,and totally unusual.







I was surprised at the lack of patches at the show, the two main clubs were ourselves and 81, with the Hawg club and Gatekeepers bringing up second, other than those four I only saw two other clubs and it was only one person from each of those.






I do want to apologize for the lack of member photos but I had lighting issues with the camera, don't know why, I had to delete a lot of photos when I got home due to light adjustment blur or being too grainy.

Sometime during the day, Adrienne told Brenda that she was over dressed...


So.. that changed and with it, an attitude adjustment.



klay

Answers to the Expo quiz:

Group A.  The 2010 motorcycle Events preview for 2010
Group B.  Doc's Timeline Motorcycle/ Bayside Expo Ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment