Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday. January 24th

Thursday night Vinney Y. invited the Club to attend a breakfast meeting at the Parthanon Diner in Old Saybrook Ct. About twenty members said they would attend.

Saturday I talked to Reuben, Jerry, and Brenda. Jerry and Linda were going to the breakfast but in four wheels, Brenda and I were riding my bike and Reuben his. I decided that since it would be a chilly ride I would let Brenda plug in and I would ride bundled. The three of us jumped on the bikes and headed out, by the time we hit the Thames River my fingers were burning so we dropped the bikes there and took my car. Arriving at the resteraunt we found that the expected number of members at the meeting was a tad under estimated. As we arrived Ron and Sherry were getting out of their car and the Distasio's were arriving by bike. A quick glance at the line up there were about 12 or so bikes. Walking up to the front door we were met by a line of regulars who "never had to wait to get in before". We were directed past the line and found the Club occupied two main tables and Ron, Sherry,Reuben and I were directed to a booth next to the main tables while Brenda sat with the Natales, it was great to see so many of the Club away from the Clubhouse, looks like winter may be over and there will be more riding. The food was excellant as was the service, Vinney handed out Raffle tickets and while no one won the Orange County Chopper the second prize was issued, from where I was sitting I could not see who won it. It was the newest copy of Easy Rider Magazine. For some unknown reason Tom sported underwear on his head.
 We have photographic proof of this, but my camera person has not forwarded them to me yet

After breakfast about 8 bikes headed out for a ride, Rueben, Brenda and myself went to Ricks. Rueben was suppose to have split Ricks wood but never got there to do so, so he was put to work bringing the wood into the house. After a visit where the three of them talked while I fell asleep,(anyone who has been to Ricks and sat in one of his recliners would not hold it against me), the four of us jumped in my car and headed to Rocky Hill for Wings, Philly Cheesesteak, burger, raw Oysters, pickles, beer and Scenery. fantastic Scenery. There is something about Hooters that makes you want to go back again and again. (there are alot of this about Hooters that makes you want to go back again and again...and again) Brenda received a free Coors Light football glass and some new wardrobe, Reuben received a Hooters Calendar and me and Rick...nothing..(They didn't have tank tops in our size). All in all it was a great day with good company all day long. 

With the Club doing things again maybe I'll have real items to post and won't have to keep finding goofy pictures to post

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment