Friday, November 1, 2013

Where were you?


I was looking forward to attending the meeting last night. Even though there wasn’t an official “Pre-meeting Ride”, which was just as well since (1) it was Halloween and kids would be running wild, (2) the roads were wet due to off and on showers and (3) the roads were also covered with leaves.

I was still looking forward to seeing all of my friends and fellow members and catching up on what has happened since last week; staying abreast of the current issues facing the club and possibly hearing the Road Captain’s or someone else’s humorous story. I knew I could count on Jason to send an e-mail out regarding upcoming events, but it’s always nicer to hear about it at the meeting where you can hear (and participate) in all of the discussion around it. I also wanted buy one of Margo’s handmade throw blankets for the Gift Run on Sunday.

Unfortunately I had an unexpected family issue (no, not Trick or Treating!!) to deal with at the last minute. So I missed the meeting and cannot give a meeting report for you this week.

Sometimes these things can’t be avoided. There was a college semester when the class I had to take met every Thursday. I missed almost every meeting for about 4 months. I’d try to make every Sunday ride to keep in touch with the club, but there were a number of weeks in February and March when there were none. I started to get homesick. So I try my best to find classes that don’t meet on Thursday.


Were you at the meeting last night? Can you share a story or tidbit of information with the rest of us? If so, please comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Margo is not going to be able to attend the gift run, but she is making sure there are plenty of blankets available that morning at D&D. Also, if anyone wants to ride down to Middlesex Counties Pub Run Tuesday night, I'll be leading a ride from Waterford's Walmart parking lot leaving at 5:30pm sharp.

    ReplyDelete