Tuesday, November 19, 2013

NLMC Annual Banquet

The 1st hour was for socializing before dinner.






A number of people were surprised that Mark owned a tie.


And it wasn’t a clip-on either!



Here are some group shots:






Oops! Wrong Slide. Here we go...












Come here son and let me tell you about the meaning of life. 







Who didn’t get a President’s Award Shot Glass?







The buffet is ready; let’s eat.


Dinner started with appetizers consisting of a variety of cheeses and crackers, a crudité (fresh vegetables with a choice of ranch and creamy Italian dressing) and a fresh fruit tray.

The main course included salad, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes baked in their skins, carrots, broccoli, chicken breast rolled with stuffing, bread crumb encrusted fish, sausage and peppers, pasta with marinara sauce, and a carving table with prime rib (I think).


Dessert consisted of cheese cake, coffee and tea.






Spouses of executive board members were presented with yellow roses in appreciation of their sacrifice. Although I thought I heard something to the effect of “Anything to get him out of my hair for a while!”










This was definitely a couple’s event. It was nice to meet some of the significant others we don't see often.














Hey, threes a crowd buddy!













Time for the Big Raffle!














LOOK OUT, HE’S GOT A GUN!



Oh Boy! Here we go again.




Oops! False alarm. But who can blame him, the lights were too low and everyone was having trouble reading their ticket numbers.



And just what was in that little pink bag donated by the Dunns?


 



Party Time!

The entertainment for the night consisted of a DJ trio that also did karaoke. They sang a number of songs themselves. Their voices were very good and they covered a nice variety of music.





Bill and Patty said this was Billy Gilman. I think they were right. Check out these websites: http://www.billygilman.com/online/home.html




Boston Red Sox Fans joined together to sing “Sweet Caroline” I think I saw a few Yankee fans joining in too.





Let’s Dance!


Doesn't it always start out this way. First a couple of girls get on the dance floor.


Then one or two guys get up the nerve.





Then everyone joins in, assuming that in a large group, their out of practice dance moves will go unnoticed.














 Why is the guy leading the line dance the only one squatting down?




And yes, that is me on the dance floor. Tammy enticed me to dance with her, then she did the same to Keith Gowin, THEN she found her boyfriend, Gary and left Keith and I looking foolish!

I think everyone had a very nice time. I know I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment