Saturday, November 23, 2013

5 Must Watch Motorcycle Adventure Films


Follow this link to Youmotorcycle.com to read their reasons for picking the following movies and see the movie trailers.
  • The Long Way Round - Two actors (and their film crew) travel from London to NYC going East. I have this one, as well as The Long Way Down where they travel from John O'Groats, Scotland to Capetown, South Africa. I must have watched both a dozen times. The production quality is top notch. After watching these, you'll want to start planning your next long trip.
  • The Motorcycle Diaries - I have this one also. Not too much about motorcycles, but a good "buddy adventure" story about Che Guevara, the revolutionary who ended up fighting with Castro in Cuba. 
  • Riding Solo to the Top of the World - An Indian riding a Royal Enfield AND filming himself as he rides from Mumbai to the Changthang Plateau in India. I have this one also, really amazing camera work considering he is doing it all himself. It is quite the adventure.
  • Mondo Enduro - A round the world adventure to travel the longest distance in the shortest time. I haven't seen this one yet and the link on youmotorcycle.com to youtube.com states that it is not available in this country. I went onto youtube.com and did a quick search and could not find anything on it. The DVD is available from White Horse Press for about $30.
  • Cycles South - Three guys hop on their bikes and head south, allowing fate to determine where they end up. This one is from the 70's. I've seen the first part of this one but it didn't hold my attention. I think it had been available from Netflix, but I can't find it now.
I also have a DVD on Isle of Man TT race and Horizon's Unlimited's Achievable Dream: Part One - Get Ready about how you can travel around the world on a motorcycle. 

I understand that we have a TV and possibly a DVD player at the clubhouse. 

I'd like to know if any club members are interested in getting together on a Saturday or Sunday during the off season, when the weather is not conducive to riding, to watch some of these films. 

Please comment on this post or send me an e-mail: serpae@sbcglobal.net.








No comments:

Post a Comment