Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sunday that was 05/26/13

It was probably a good weekend for most, Sunday, Theresa, Danny, and I were to go to Massachusetts. Danny met me at the Mystic Diner for breakfast and a 9am departure. Unfortunately the Diner had the Monte Carlo Formula One race on the big screen and we got involved watching that while we ate, this meant we ate slower and because of that we didn't leave the restaurant until around twenty after 9. We ran up 27, then Shewville to Gallup Hill road. After the night's rain and because this road is tree shaded, the road was soaked and the debris from the trees (pollen, seeds, leaves etc) formed a mush which coated the road. I suffered from wheel slip, because of this the back of the bike had an occasional rooster tail of allergy enhancing bio cloud behind it. For this reason Danny backed way off because he was getting pelted. We passed through Ledyard Center on 117, I decided to stay on 117 instead of taking 214 because of the road mush. So instead of dealing with slippery slimy mush we accelerated onto scarified pavement from Ledyard Center to Poquetanuck. This was easy to deal with, except for a small section on the steep hill halfway between the two towns, when the scarifying stopped running straight with the road and ground angled right on the corner. After a little side drifting due to the grinding we were again screaming forward. At route 12 we picked up 2a across the river to 395 north. We jumped off 395 in Norwichtown to meet Tree. Then it was 32 north towards Massachusetts.

Unfortunately, by the time we hit Lebanon I was suffering from a Stiff neck and a headache. We stopped in Willimantic and I told them to go on without me, but they decided if I was heading back they were heading back. After the ensuing argument it was decided to head to Bidwells, I agreed, hoping I could relax the brain and muscles with the help of Mister Daniels. So I lead up 32 to route 66, then 6, then across Bunker Hill road. Having never been on this road, I wasn't sure where it would come out, But,  I knew that off route 6, I wanted to go right. After chasing the hills and corners and more Allergy Enhancing material in the air (which caused Mister Dunn no small amount of discomfort) we arrived at a fork in the road. Not knowing where I was, I chose the left fork and found that I had come out just east of Coventy Pizza on South street. A right on Cross street to Lake street then a right on "no name arrow road" brought us out across the street from the Tavern.

We ordered our meals and drinks and were in the process of having them served when the Club showed up. We sat around and talked a bit then headed home. The Jack had done little to alleviate the issue. Route 31 to 32, 32 to Dunkin in Willimantic for coffee (maybe caffeine would help - nope).

The Club rolled past on 32 as we drank and munched. We took 32, then cut through Burger King to 66. Route 66 to Cards Mill road, then Village Hill road to the Beaumont highway. the Beaumont took us to 87, 87 to 32 and into Yantic on West Towne where we made a stop to pick up Tree's youngun'. Then Wawecus to Ottrobando, to the New London Turnpike to Mohegan Sun. Here Danny split off on 32, Tree took 32 to 2a, I used the Sun's racetrack to 2A. Tree took 12 south to 214, I followed, she turned off 214 onto Avery Hill extension, I took 214 to Whalehead to Sandy Hollow, she followed by using Whale head from Avery to Sandy Hollow. At rte 117 she was again in tow so I took Lambtown across Colonel Ledyard Hgwy to Pumpkin Hill. She wasn't sure which way to proceed (Reuben had the same issue the preceding week), so I took her down Wendell Comrie to Gallup Hill to Shewville. I turned right towards 184 and home, she turned left for Wolf Neck and 201.

The pain in the head and neck were due to stress, The pain would only get worse.
Sometimes the only thing worse than not knowing what is going on with legal paperwork... Is finding out.

With problems heaping on and no one to call until Tuesday, the rest of the long weekend was ...

A Looooooong weekend.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment