Monday, May 6, 2013

On the lighter side..

        Tween Thursday and Sunday I put about 300 miles on Charlene. That is nothing really to talk about, except that mileage is on the "new" kickstand spring. If you didn't know, I slammed the original spring during the Wednesday night "Handlebar - Bar rescue. Jerry held the bike up Thursday after work so I could install the new spring. I rode the bike to work on Friday, then to Lincoln RI.. 
         On Saturday morning I took it out for a cruise, then did the poker run with the Club. I took Charlene to see mom then home again that night. Sunday I woke up, rode to Dunkin then did the "here to the Litchfield Hills" run and back. Last night I took her out for a cruise through Ledyard, north Stonington etc...

        This morning, I started her up, turned her around and headed to work, down the driveway, left onto Godfrey road, left onto Ann Avenue...Klinkity, Klink, klink, klink. Came to a stop looked down to see the kickstand dragging along. Put her back in the driveway...the kickstand spring was just hanging off the bottom of the bike.

All I can say is...at least I was home when it quit.
Stock Photo...you can tell because if it were my bike...
The spring would be hanging down from the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment