Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Took P.C.O. for a ride

P.C.O. and myself met this afternoon at the Dunkin on 32 in Montville, Th  idea was a ride, Nowhere to go and all day to get there.

First stop was the outpost, Needed some 9, PCO picked up some for him and Ginny, I just needed to re-stock and while I was there I looked at a couple hand guns. I have the Smith and Wesson BodyGuard and other than it's compact size I find it a piece of crap so I need a replacement. I was looking at 9's but didn't get one. All rather larger than I actually want.

Leaving the OutPost we stopped for fuel, PCO said he didn't care where we went as long as it wasn't down dirt roads. I think he was having flash backs to last year and the ride down Hells Hollow road. I assured him we would stay on blacktop. We crossed the Mohegan-Pequot bridge and took 12 south to 214. I should mention something about 214. For those of you who know this road, you know it is an excellent cruise, not long but fun. We turned onto the road and ran into road work at the school, from there to almost Whalehead rd there is no pavement...literally...a dirt road. PCO made it a point to mention that the first road I took him on was a dirt road.

We cruised across 214 then ran down along Lantern Hill and Long Ponds, then a left turn on Wolf neck to 201. We headed into North Stonington cruised up past the Vineyard, down through Hangman and Gristmill. At 49 we headed north. Route 49 is new pavement. smooooth as a baby's behind, with out nastys. Wyassup to 2 and then headed back toward Norwich.

The weather was again great, but...it could have been snowing and I would have been alright with it, after all...A day off from work is a day off from work.

klay

PS:
Bersa Thunder 380CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment