Monday, September 12, 2011

September 10th rides

I say September 10th because the rides began on Saturday. And there were at least two rides but I so far only have information on two. (There were three)

Our meeting place was to be the Micky Dees at Flanders Four Corners at 8pm, on the way down 184 I decided to get fuel in Center Groton. As I pulled in I noticed patches, sure enough Curt, Theresa, and Sandwich had just finished fueling and were heading to Wally-World for 5 hour boost. I hooked up with them and we headed to Flanders.

Once there there were quite a few discussions as to who was going where. We were to meet Steve Natale at 8:30 in Branford at the Rest area Micky Dee's.  As we waited, Joe and Jim S. arrived, Rich W. gave us a call they were held up. They had gone to JC Penny, Rich locked his bike and went inside, when they came out the fork neck mechanism was jammed. Rich's bike was going nowhere. After a Bitch ride home, he and Chris arrived with Rich on the crotch Rocket, the Harley was spending the night in a department store parking lot.

We rolled out of Micky-Dee's at 16 after 8pm. We headed down 95 and everything was going well right up until I turned off to make the meet with Natale at the Branford Truck Stop, As soon as I pulled off the exit I remembered the meet was further down at the rest area, so I took the small parade down the back roads and back onto the highway.

We arrived at the rest area and the Andersons got the directions to New York from Steve and after much discussion as to who was going where the two rides broke off. The Andersons and Sandwich headed west with Brian, Rick R and daughter, Chris and Rich W.

This left six bikes, Dann, Jim S., Joe F.,and a friend of Steves, to go for a ride with Steve up 17 to Middletown for dinner. On the way there we picked up another bike and continued on. The food was great, the company fantastic and we had a really good time.  When finished, we headed down rte 9, Dan and Joe took 82, Steve and the other two bikes took 80, leaving me and Jim S. to 9 and 95. It was a good ride home.

Now all I need to know is what Jim has for an engine, because he lead from East Lyme on, then in Waterford I opened mine up, Jim rode by looking comfortable like he was relaxing on a lounge chair.

The other group...

Well you know how the beginning of the ride went,
We arrived at Harley Davidson in Queens at 10:45 is, just in time to tape our plates and off we went with the tons of other bikers. What a ride you missed! Attached are some photos from Curt and I. Others have some and I am sure they will send theirs in. Check NLMC email as one biker so kindly stopped and used his camera to take pictures of our group at Battery Park.
We were not allowed at Ground Zero, but the Memorial at Battery park was something to behold as well. Unfortunately no one able to get pictures of the "rats"
Now how do we get our patches?

Theresa











more to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment