Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday with David

For a little while I thought I was in an episode of the Adams Family, "Adams Family Riders".

Dave would be leading the ride, and when I arrivedat Dunkin, I found Doug there with a snack, then Dale and  ?   arrived, Danny arrived so I was not the "only non Adams" there. Shortly afterward Kaitlin, Dave and Margo pulled in. Jim was next followed by Jason and Judy.

At 10am Dave lead us up 32 across the river on 2A, south on 12 and east on 214. he took us through Mashantucket, Preston City, Jewitt City, across Butts Bridge road to 169 and to the Dunkin at 14 and 169. There were picked up Joe F. and the Bookers. Dave took us east on 14 to Dayville then through Moosup and Sterling for lunch ar Weideles.

After lunch Dave headed for Ekonk then down through Nnorth Stonington on back roads he had found.

 Danny, Myself, and the Bookers followed Joe on a fast moving, hill and curve ride into Rhode Island, 94 to 101. then into Dayville and along back roads, the Buell dipping into the corners easy while I threw the Harley around to stay behind him. Danny and the Bookers followed. We ended up coming out on 14 in Canterbury by Wrights Farm. Then down by Martellos and across to 169. Danny asked Joe if we could do it again.

We followed Joe back to Jewitt City, The Bookers headed home while we went to check out Joe's Shovelhead and I gave him back his backrest. The week before I was on my way to pick up Julie and forgot my backrest. Joe lent me his.

Sunday's ride was nice, food was good, Dave did a great job leading, as did Joe. I am not sure where Dave exactly took the ride after we broke off but from Jason's report it was a good ride.


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment