Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Sunday ride that was...

The Club left DD late, I know this because I received a call at 10:10 from the VP (Who actually went, I hear he did a Green Giant Green thumb yard clean-up,(ya gotta love that 5Hour boost)). they headed out across th3e great State of Rhode Island and had lunch in Exeter at "The middle of Nowhere" restaurant. From there they headed back into Connecticut to Plainfield and stopped at Herbs on rte 12. there the ride broke up with most people going home. Dan, Brian, Joe, Rick, and George headed to Bub's to visit with Karen. then with Bub in tow the group bid adieu to Karen and went on a Joe lead, spirited ride through the eastern middle of the state before coming out of of Colchester running down 354 before splitting up.

klay


Now for, my day, I woke up with intensions of heading to PA to shoot some trains (photos) and do some gambling. Part of the way down I-95 I started thing of the ride, my bike is due to go in for service so I was in a cage, and I could see the road roll out ahead of me in my mind. 95 to New York, 287 across the Tappan-zee, then loop around staying on 287 to rte 78, route 78 across New York and Across New Jersey to Phillipsburg, then hop over the Delaware into Easton. cruise west through Bethlehem and Allentown, up through Lehighton and Mauck Chunck, up to Wilkes-barre, I could see the miles line up before me, I could see the ride back, Scranton, Stroudsburg, a stop at the Poconos on the way through to loss money, I could see the miles ahead....I decided to go to Yonkers instead. I passed through New Haven, and Milford, I could see me losing money at Yonkers, I turned onto the Wilbur Cross headed east onto 34 into New Haven, route 1 through Branford and Guilford, Stopped at The Place for lunch, rode home...waste of a day.

Monday (labor day) was suppose to be raining, So the night before, I went out with some of the girls from the Q drinking, I don't drink, I drank, I rolled in the door at 4am, went to bed. Woke up at 2, the sun was shining, all day the sun was shining. Another waste of a day.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment