Friday, September 16, 2011

Last night...

...was the Thursday night meeting and ride. In the late afternoon Steve called me for a weather report, I told him it was not raining and it wasn't. The weather report was for showers ending at 8pm. I left the house at 6:15 and went to the store as I came out and got on the bike it started raining, it was 6:30. Steve had the ride out of Davids on time. According to George Booker (Harley no windshield), the ride in the rain sucked...it was great. George had not been on the back roads around Hadlyme before, he just wished it was brighter and dryer. The meeting started at 8:05 and it was still raining, the meeting ended at 9:30pm, and it was still raining,(chalk up another one for the weather bureau).

My Bike seat is the StreetGlide pattern Sundowner model , it is perforated so it stays cool while you ride, it also means it is a three foot long 6 inch deep sponge. Five days after it rains it will still leak water when you sit on it. To avoid this I put my jacket over it last night before the meeting.

When the meeting ended, I put on my wet jacket, sat on my dry seat and headed home. I blew off coffee at Dunkin. The wind came in bursts, the back roads had blown leaves and branches on them. Riding on 95 the wind bursts were moving me all over the lanes. I had no chaps with me and between the temperature drop, the wet jacket, wet cut-offs and soaked jeans (Knees down) I froze my ass off on the way home. Luckily for me I was only going to Mystic.

I'm sure mister Booker had a miserable ride home.

The discomfort could have been avoided, had I worn my rain suit, I have one, It is very nice, J&P, grey and black with reflective silver stripes. I always keep it in the same place so I know where it is, sitting on a chair in the corner of my dining room.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment