Saturday, December 8, 2012

The day so far...

Leaving work I took the bike east on the Interstate to Mystic for lunch. I rolled into the Mystic Diner (exit 90) where Jim and JR were just finishing a late breakfast after visiting Bob's in Westerly looking at Glides. I walked over to say hello but knowing my coffee was waiting at the counter I headed that way. Ally as waiting there for me, she told me to try the coffee so if it wasn't good enough she would grab a different pot from the other end of the restaurant. (It's nice to be loved). Jim an JR brought their coffee over and joined me at the counter. I was halfway finished with my Bacon Blue-cheese Burger (with a side of Bacon) when Tree and Sandwich arrived. The J.M.'s headed home and I waited as Tree and Sandwich finished eating, then we jumped on the sleds and headed up 27 to Lantern Hill, 214, 2A, then Middle road to 2, through Norch to Norchtown for Tree to drop something off for Evert. I put Sandwich in the lead from the start and since he had no idea how to get where we were going I navigated by turn signals in his mirrors. As we passed through Yantic Falls I watched as his sled slithered it's way though the corners. At our destination I told him I couldn't understand why he would be riding a bike which was severely short of tire tread in the rain.

From there we headed south on 395, They pulled off on 2a, I continued to 163 for a Mint Hot Chocolate (I know...wimpy). While I was there an older Gentleman stopped by, he liked the red on the bike and thanked me for Buying American, he thought that the Stars and Stripes flying on the Tour Pak was fantastic and as a Vet really appreciated the MIA/POW flag. He is a retired State of Connecticut employee and used to deal with statistics.. he told me that in the years he worked there, the amount of traffic on the roads has multiplied ten fold and that I should be careful, watch out for the idiots texting and on the phones...he left me with an unusual parting expression, "Enjoy your Life". 

You know something...he's entirely correct, each day and every day enjoy what you have, what you see, what you do, and who you are with, You never know what tomorrow will bring.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment