Monday, December 31, 2012

Ignorance is bliss...and...annoying

All day long today Charlene has been talking to me. She wants to go for a ride. She is itching for the New Years day run...and she keeps saying...let's go...blow off the rest of the day.

I shoveled and chipped ice all morning, throwing down rock salt to make a clear strip to daylight at work. The side of the building we are on, is in perpetual shade, so everything melts up to the sun break then...packed snow and ice...till April. So I, NOT NOW!!!, chopped a line out so I have a clear run. But the area past the sun line is also packed snow, though it is melting and that is where the problem lies. Everything, NOT RIGHT NOW...STOP ASKING... that melts out there today collects in lakes of water, tonight the temperature will drop and tomorrow, ice sheets. But still Charlene beckons.. Let's ride. 

I spent the day throwing Calcium and salt all over the place, I learned from a couple years ago not to wear leather gloves spreading salt. Have you ever seem what leather does when it meets salt?  Try it sometime, put on your best leather....SHUT UP!!!... best leather riding gloves, reach into a bag of rock salt with them. You can call it a science project..

Anyway...Charlene is still whining about not being outside and she is driving me nuts. The problem I think, is that she is facing inside....she can't see out the door.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment