Sunday, December 2, 2012

A great (spel: miserable) day


Last night at Midnight I cooked up mashed potatoes, Squash, and Turnips. I mixed up stuffing, stuffed it into a turkey and threw it in the oven for an over-nite cook.

So today when I awoke the entire house smelled of Thanksgiving, not bad for December but we did not celebrate Thanksgiving when it happened so today is as good as any.

I walked out the door and found the sun had not come up yet, the temperature was a comfortable 37 degrees with a warmer day to look forward to. I took a ride down to the restaurant for coffee and a visit with the girls at work there. Finished, I stepped out into the day. The sun had now come up and it bathed the world in a golden light, the temperature was now at 41 and climbing. The air smelled fresh and clean like a spring day with the promise of beautiful days to come. The world had that new morning feel as if the world were new and no one had been there but me, it was a fine day to be alive, and would be great day to be on a bike just cruising.

It is the kind of morning where you could take a bike and ride for ever or just cruise around local roads and feel alive, enjoying everything the world has to offer.

There was only one draw back to the day, and it is a major one...I don't have a bike. Charlene sits in Exeter Rhode Island and I here. So...a ride back home in the cage, and I'll have to make do with...Laundry...Dishes....fixing the sink cabinet...putting out the garbage....etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...

etc...

etc...


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment