Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lights on, lights off, won't start, will start

Episode two: Neutrality

For those of you in the know, those that read the blog, no, strike that, read every posting in the blog, (I have a person who works for me and if the post is more than a short paragraph he does a quick scan only, or ignores it all together. (He does like the pretty pictures though). 

Any who...if you have read the past postings you know that last week Charlene turned Swiss, and she indicates she is in neutral all the time. On Saturday I took the bike to the dealer at 8am to have that looked at and the stage one download and air cleaner installed. After a rather pleasant day of watching bikes come and go they had the air cleaner installed. They informed me they believed the neutral light issue was a pinched wire issue up in the Fairing and that since the day was almost over, That I bring the bike back in on Friday so they could tear down the fairing and hunt down the issue. 

On Sunday's ride the security light came on, a little red light shaped like a key that informs you there is no fob present. After about 12 miles it went out. Today I called to mention the security light and was told they were extremely busy and could get the bike in the shop next Wednesday for a look. My issue is, if I am out and about and the Security system locks up the circuit, I might be stuck somewhere, and as an electrical issue I have no way of knowing if the super secret code and turn-signal/ignition/ flexible finger over-ride will work. So I called elsewhere.

While I can't say the bike will be in the shop any earlier, because it won't, I can say that the Service Manager seemed knowledgeable. When I mentioned that the security light is coming on also,  he was not surprised because they are on the same circuit.

So next week I can get a different Dealer Tee Shirt or two. Charlene will be spending the day on the Island. 

klay


No comments:

Post a Comment