Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm not the only one

At work they used to bust my hump because I would fall asleep in my office. After a while they stopped, look...what happens happens and harping on it won't change a thing. So...they learned...If I was snoring...close the office door. (The issue is the chair....what can I say...it's comfy).

A week ago I offered to make Jason a Counterman and hire a new driver. Jason likes driving, and one of my late workers (late as in shift not dead), is tired of pulling the 7pm close shift, so we are hiring a new counterman. In doing this we changed JR's hours to 7am arrival. His first day was yesterday, except he spent Sunday in Maryland and would be home late so we moved his new hours start to today.

I walked in the department today, it was nice not having to unlock the building, I walked in my office, There's Jay, head on the desk, sleeping away.

I know I'm mean, cruel even, If you have been around me you know I am somewhat evil at times.

So I leaned down to the desk and yelled, "AM I PAYING YOU OVERTIME TO SLEEP?!!!"

I can tell you, that "eyes half open, clueless, surprised look" when someone awakes to shouting is priceless.

Gives me a chuckle.

klay


No comments:

Post a Comment