Thursday, September 13, 2012

Charlene CAN READ!!!!

The morning from Hell is over, Charlene decided this morning, as I stated earlier, not to start. Wanting to get her over there today so she would be there for her appointment tomorrow, I called around for a towing service. At work we use Guy's oil Service, so I contacted them. The driver, as it turns out, was at that time at MJ's across the street. I called them, they called him, and he called me. For a small fee ($200.) he would head to my house, pick up the bike and deliver it to Ocean State Harley.  I accepted, we both started out for my house, Arriving there first, I found that Charlene read the excerpt from the previous post about being used for target practice. For no reason at all, as I waited for the flatbed, I threw the battery switch on, and hit the starter, She roared to life.  So I called the flatbed and cancelled, as he pulled up in front of the house. That costs you by the way. (A figure to be determined later).

I threw on a jacket and headed to RI., dropped her off , sat down in a rocking chair on the porch and awaited (slept), for my ride back  JR picked me up and took me back to the house for my car.

Charlene is resting comfortably.

One humerus note, When I started the bike the fuel gauge read 1/2 a tank, the range indicator said I had enough gas to go 17 miles, which to believe, not wanting to inherit the gas pump pin. Seeing as the mileage indicator would not display the code I decided to go with the gas gauge. As I rode up the road I watched the  
range indicator slowly increase, one digit at a time. By the time I pulled into Oceanstate It said that the little under half full tank had a range left of 364 miles. If only that were true


klay












9

No comments:

Post a Comment