Sunday, November 6, 2011

Today's Gift Ride

The Gift Ride was a great success both in Gifts and funds raised.

For the Club the day started with a meet at Dunkin Donuts on Colman Street in New London at 10am, from which we cruised down Colman to Boston Post. A right turn on Shaw street to the Rotary, then Pequot Avenue to "Stash's" for breakfast.

The lot was pretty empty when we arrived so we got straight in the door and sat down to eat. The meal this year was $8, up $1 from last year but still well worth it. At least one person did not eat because of his residual condition from the night before, and a couple others ate lightly for the same reason. The food was, as usual, excellent with the Bacon having a little bite to it, rather like it had been cooked with a sprinkling of Habanero.

After the meal we headed out of New London, up 32 to 163. Left onto 82 which took us to 85. We made a stop at the Speed Bowl to talk with some of the riders lining up for the Gift Ride. At 12:15 we were again on our bikes and heading up route 85 to Cross Road.

We arrived at Harkness dropped off the Gifts, had Coffee, Cider, and snacks and awaited the show.

The Turn out for the ride was impressive and the Raffle brought in over $1800.00
I myself bought 30 tickets at the Speedbowl, these tickets were Blue and started with a 5. Of all the Blue tickets that were called not one ticket beginning with a 5 was called. I was getting ribbed for buying tickets from someone who had nothing to do with the raffle.
At Harkness I bought 30 more, this time Red. I never saw the people selling the Pink tickets. I won twice (red tickets) both items I won were for cleaning your bike.

Since I don't believe in that practice I gave both items to Natale. PCO if you were there you probably would have received one of them from me, Because both were Honda products, Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish and HondaBrite?

 Not on my bike!


klay

No comments:

Post a Comment