Thursday, November 17, 2011

Don't take this personally...

but there is one great thing about cold nasty weather.

When it's the wet and damn uncomfortable time of the year most of you are not on your bikes. I'm not saying I don't like you all, I Love ya, I think you're great, but in cold crappy weather I can ride and not have to use  a CB. The people riding with me through the winter are few, which means if I have to tell them something or they me, it can be done by speaking.

Now you may not understand why using a CB is such a pain to me. It is simple, my bike doesn't have an integral one which cuts out the radio and modulates the systems or any of that other happy horse hockey. My CB is a portable, strapped to the handlebar with a power wire, microphone wire and speaker wire. Because it has a separate speaker wire it means that I cannot listen to music with the CB on, the radio has to be set to accessory. But that truley isn't the issue

This Is..

The biggest problem is smoking. It is almost impossible to get a cigarette out of a pack, dig a lighter out of a pocket and light the smoke while wearing gloves. Chaps, jackets, vests, Gerbing, thermals and any other crap we use for the season. But...without the CB plugged in...The cigarette lighter can be.

AND THAT makes the ride a whole lot better.

So, it isn't that I don't like riding with you, I just prefer to ride with a cigarette.

The future Road Guard Captain
klay

No comments:

Post a Comment