Friday, November 18, 2011

Last night wet cold and wet

I rode home from work yesterday and everything was great. At speed on the highway the rain went up and over me, but for some reason when I got to exit 88 (route 117) the cars on the highway hit their brakes, from then on the way people were driving you would think it was a snow storm. They were cruising along with the speed fluctuating between 35 and 50mph. The rain no longer passed me, with the temperatures down the cold water felt like my face was being pelted with ice. I stopped at the Equinox for take out, had a coffee and got abused by the waitresses. One wanted to know where my rain suit was, I told her it was doing fine, nice and warm and dry in my right saddlebag.

This morning I found the car covered in ice, I expected the bike to be iced up in the shed but it wasn't it was actually pretty warm in there. I grabbed the Licence plate out of the bag, put it on the cage and took that to work. I made a stop on the way in at Stop and Shop. $200 later I was on my way to work again.

This morning I had two crock pots going, with Ham and beans in them, Currently down to one full and one empty. And I baked 20lbs of Italian Sausage, both sweet and hot, cut them up, threw them in a container with a Fra Diavolo Sauce, added some black olives and that is now in the fridge for Tuesday's lunch.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment