Saturday, November 26, 2011

I sent out a text the other day...

to those that live in my phone, about a planned ride for Saturday (today). One of the responses I got back was from and employee, "Aren't you working Saturday?"
I sent out a cancellation.

There's nothing worse than an employee who knows what is going on when you don't.

Friday, I decided since I had to work til noon on Saturday, I would blow off work at 12:30.
That same employee said, "What about the meeting at three?"

He's getting depressing...even if he was right both times.

Luckily the meeting was cancelled so I had a half day.

Tree called me and asked what time I would be getting out of work, I told her noon, She said her and Tom would wait for me. Gerry and Linda showed up at work and decided to go on the ride also, but they were going to go home for chaps first. They would be there before me.

Well I didn't get out of work at noon, I got out at 12:17.  I called Tree and sent them on their way, they told me to hit 184 and I could intercept them.  I did, caught them just west of 201, made a U-turn and caught up. We made a stop for Tree to fill up at Col Ledyard highway before heading out, Toms rear brakes were still hanging up a bit and the smell had Tree thinking her Christmas lights were melting.

We headed along 184 to I-95 to rte 9. The sun was out and it was un-seasonably warm today, bringing bikes out of the woodwork.

We took 148 across to79 in Durham, then 68 to 157, 147 to 66 and stopped to eat at Guidas. A couple long dogs, a pepper-burger, a steak and cheese sandwich and a few fries later we headed home. 147 east and cruised over to rte 154 by the Connecticut River. Route 82 across the river at Goodspeed, Ray Hill to 82 and homeward. Tom bailed at 156, me and Tree took 85 crossed the Thames (after a detour through New London), onto 184.  Gerry and Linda never showed.

All in all a most pleasant ride, no traffic ever affected us over or back, and we had a nice chat at Guidas.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment