Sunday, November 20, 2011

I hope you were...

If the weather here was like it was in Massachusetts you better have been on your bike. I spent the day in a car with Gerry Miner. It was a great day, the only thing that would have been better is if we took the bikes. The reason for the trip was Railroad photography, and it was not as fruitful as we had hoped but it was still a great day.


We found some great roads in Massachusetts. Route 70 from Worcester to Clinton along the side of the Wachusett Reservoir is full of twists and hills and fantastic views.

Route 13 between Devons and Squannacook is another good road as is 119 and 101 between there, Ashburnham and Gardner.

Ever seen a Solar powered Stop sign, Gardner has them:
Eight Red LEDs flashing, one at each corner

Another good road is route 116 between Amherst and Holyoke, past Dunn Park (did you know he had one?) . except that that road dumps out in the poorer side of the city and there are no enjoyable roads out of there.

Each of these would make a good club ride except we seem to need a place to go, instead of a giant loop. Maybe with a bit of luck I can find some really good place to eat up that way to give us a to and from point.

Mister Miner it turns out had no clue where we were, even as we got closer to home. I turned off 195 onto Bassetts Bridge road (you know the one Road Cap.) As I crossed route 6 onto 203 I asked him if he knew where is was, he said no, So I told him not to worry we were making good time. He started laughing and said “sort of like Buckwheat from the little rascal?” There was a little Rascal episode where the kids built a homemade Fire truck, a tiller truck no less, As they are going downhill Buckwheat is steering the rear of the truck and it drifts out and passes the front end. They yelled to him, “Hey Buckwheat, where you going?” he yelled back, “I don't know, but I’m on my way.”

The weather in East Deerfield around 2pm was in the high 60's with a warm breeze, it was T-shirt weather and I was missing the bike. No one else up there was missing theirs though, every bike in the area must have been out on the roads.



Klay

No comments:

Post a Comment