Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wood move

Six members and one son arrived in Norch (local pronunciation) to help with the request to move wood Monday night.

Now I may be getting old, but I could have sworn HE asked for help moving "wood".  HE may have even used the term "Lumber", and he did have quite a bit of lumber which needed moving. 

When Dan and myself arrived, Hold on... did I mention the rain? No? OK...rain. When we arrived we found that Craig and Ginny already had one pile of pine moved to the rear of the property, all this left was a pile of 1x6 planks, a pile of 2x4s, and a pile of 2x6s in various lengths.

As we got ready to start, Craig said the most important thing to move to the rear was the pallet, (did he mention a pallet?), the pallet was loaded with bags of "wood"?, "Lumber?"...only if you spell wood with a C followed by "oncrete". 80lb bags of concrete.

I can say everything was moved to the rear, I can also say (not proudly) that I didn't pick up any concrete. I made a choice, lift the crete or walk in the morning. I chose walk in the morning.

So Craig, a powdered substance made from aggregate (rocks, stone and sand) mixed with a binding agent (cement), is called concrete. not wood, Wood is usually a light porous material made from trees.

But you know what...I still love you.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment