Saturday, July 2, 2011

Have another cup of coffee

I had to go to work today, not a problem, it happens every third Saturday, but today was a little different. I woke up, went downstairs, made a cup of coffee, after coffee it was time to do the normal morning stuff, visit the loo, brush teeth, shave my head, shave my face, shave my...I guess that was it, head and face, jump in the shower, get out of the shower, get dressed, ran downstairs did the laundry, swept up a bit, headed out the back door, jumped on the bike and hit the road. As I headed down the hill I glanced at the clock on the bike, 5:20am. 5:20am!!!  I don't have to be at work until 8am, what the hell do you do with 2 and a half hours? I thought, hey, that would be enough time to ride to New Haven and back, but why the hell would I want to do that. So I took a ride down through Mystic, Noank and Groton. Then I remembered that the guys would be meeting for breakfast at 7am at Herbs in Montville. I could get breakfast and visit. The problem with this idea was the last time I went to breakfast there I ordered at 7:10 and got the food at 7:45, not quite conducive to being at work on time. So, since I was in Groton I went to Norms for breakfast, I ordered Scrambled eggs brown, Bacon Burnt, English Burnt and a coffee. I finished breakfast, had a second cup of coffee there then headed to Montville. Since it was too early to be at Herbs I went to the car wash next to the Correctional Institute and washed the bike. Done, it was still too early, so down to Dunkin for... a coffee. At 650am I headed to Herbs, had a coffee and waited for the boys. They arrived, they ate and talked, I finished my coffee and headed to work. I got to work at ten of eight, parked the bike, unlocked the building and had a coffee. As I write this I am drinking another one, this would be the 7th of the day. 

The only good news I have heard today is that because of the Holiday we may be closing at 1pm. So I should be able to get on the bike and do some riding, who knows maybe I'll stop somewhere and have a tea.



klay

No comments:

Post a Comment