Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm Almost Back...Miss me?

I have a new Firewall at work, (Barracuda) I can still post but cannot do streaming videos. I have been without internet at home for about a month. I wasn't worried about it much because I could do all my activities at work. Well with work shut down I called AT&T, they did a ping test for my home systems and found that the modem was toast, So I went to the "AT&T" store and bought a new Modem/Router combo, hooked it up and nothing worked. I called AT&T support and they worked their magic and now the downstairs computer is up and running, the XBox is working (I love killing people on line), and my main computer upstairs was still not working. It turns out that the same spike that came through the phone line that toasted the modem and router also toasted the Network cards in the computer. So... like I said, I'm almost back. Tonight I will see about buying a new home computer, I'm looking at Laptops, for the flexibility.

What else is new, lets see, The Harley shop installed the new exhaust on the bike, it slams into the foot plate. I called to see if they offer spacers, they do not. I found the spacers needed, (on line) and have installed them. I also had a seat on order, it came in, I went to install it, and it's....what's the word?.....Wrong...yeah, that's the word. They got me the seat I wanted but for a Dyna. So as I write this, the bike is sitting in the back room (at work), and am waiting on a call back from the dealer.

klay

No comments:

Post a Comment