Thursday, June 17, 2010

Americade 2010


 
I left work Thursday June 10th at 4:25pm and headed home to get ready for the ride up to Lake George. When I left my house, it was raining, but en-route to meet the others going on the ride the weather started to clear up, and the sun came out.

Met up with Smurph, Steve D, & Pirate Girl around 6pm at Jennings road in Hartford Ct.

As soon as we started our adventure to Lake George, the flood gates open up two different times. Once it decided to stop raining, it was a cool ride up.

As to the route we took on the way up...I have no idea, Who pays attention to those details, I just follow and enjoy the ride.

We arrived at Super 8 ( where Pirate Girl and Steve were staying) I believe,at around 9:30 pm so they could drop off there stuff and PG's bike. Arrived about 10:00 pm at the Howard Johnson Tiki Resort, where Smurph and myself were staying.
 
After we checked in on Thursday, we went to meet another club member (I guess in my case, surprise another club member about my arrival) who was already in Americade working. We had something to eat at the Monte Cristo's and then ventured over to Duffy's Bar for some late night cocktails. Seeing that I was on the bike, I did not get stupid. After Duffy's, we all went back to our respected hotel rooms to get much needed sleep for the night. On Friday, I met Smurph, Steve and PG in my hotel parking lot around 10:30 am. They were coming from breakfast and everyone knows how much I love breakfast (not). We got on the bikes and rode up the road a little bit to where we could park the bikes. They had an indoor vendor area, but what was great about this place was they also had a shuttle running down to the beach where the main shopping was. Steve D had already known from the past how much of a pain it is to park on the beach. So, we went inside and looked around, then got onto the shuttle to venture down towards the beach. Arriving to the beach, we decided to pick a time and place to meet up so we could all do our own thing. I finished a little early and decided to harass the hard workers in the Haymond Law Firm booth. Once the shopping was over, and the Haymond Law firm people had enough of me, :), the four of us went to the seminar Haymond was giving. When I say went, it is more like we were volunteered to go. We had to make an appearance to prove we went. We ventured over to where the seminar was going on, but to no avail, we arrived at 3:30 pm, and it started at 3:00 pm. Hey nobody said anything about being on time. Inside the room where the seminar was, they had a sign stating John Haymond seminar, so to show we were there, Steve D decided to write underneath that, “NLMC was Here.” After we realized how much an epic failure we were in getting to the seminar, we decided to go back downtown and check out the shops. We had time to kill, waiting for Rocket to get out of work, so off we went. We walked around downtown in and out of shops then left to go meet Rocket at her hotel down the street. We met and she decided she wanted to go up Prospect Mountain. Arriving there we found out it closed 6:00 pm, it was now 6:06. Another epic failure. So Steve Distasio decided to lead a ride around the lake. We stopped for a break at the lake, hang out for a bit and depart for dinner. Rocket had a previous engagement and the rest of us went to an Italian restaurant. I had to stop back to get my jacket, because I wasn't planning on being out so long on the bike. Jacket on hand I met up with the other 3 at a Mobil gas station up the road, then headed for the restaurant. The food there, well, wasn't the best, but edible. Still not hearing from from Rocket, we left to go back downtown to pick a venue for the evening. Well, while en route to downtown, I get a text saying Rocket was on her way down, and was walking. I saw this and continued en route.

Well lets just say, if you really like to have your bike over heat, Americade is the place to be. My bike was overheating bad enough to the point it was stalling. After the second time, I decided to turn around, and go back to the hotel to park the bike. This turned out to be a good idea because then I can party as much as I would like. I parked the bike, and got a hold of Rocket to tell her what I was doing. She waited for me to catch up while en route to downtown.

In the meantime, Smurph, Steve & Pirate Girl are already at Monte Cristo's where we had dinner the previous night. Rocket and I went to Monte Cristo's and met the others there. We had a drink and the other three departed to their respected lodgings and Rocket and I went to the “Unknown” bar. I say unknown because I don't remember the name. We partied, and have a good time. All I have to say is Canadians' know how to drink. If you weren't there, obviously, you wouldn't understand.
 
After a while Rocket and I decided to leave and walked back to our hotels in the weeeeee hour of the morning, oh FYI, her's is right across the street from mine. Also, when I say weeeee, I mean weeeeee. How is it the walk home always seems faster then the walk down when you have been partying? She came back to the room to get her saddle bag straps out of my bag, and decides to wake Smurph up. Sorry Smurph! :). She left and I went to sleep. Woke up the next day, checked out and ventured home.

Checked out of the Tiki Resort 11:00 am. and the Super 8 Motel 11:15 am 

I broke off with Smurph, Steve & Sue in Hartford because they were taking Route 9 home and I was talking 2W. Let me make a note, NO RAIN coming home!!!!!

Arrived home at 4:10 pm.

Just like any adventures with the New London Motorcycle Club, if you were not there, you missed a great trip. Also, you would not understand the adventure unless you were there yourself. The only bad thing to this trip was rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment