Monday, June 21, 2010

Laconia 2010

MONDAY, JUNE 14th, 2010


Prior to leaving home on way to our rendezvous at Friendly's, we found ourselves close to not having a Laconia trip at all. The power went out with the bikes inside the garage and the emergency cord was already pulled and not functioning. Of course, the door is so old, they stopped making the part needed to replace it. Fortunately, the President was able to get the door open and at 8:36 am, we were enroute to Friendly's in Norwich.


There my parents and I met Doug Reese, Jim Scarrit and wife, Craig & Julianne Knutson, Smurph, Rocket, Rich & Nelly Woodhall, Paul Neves, and Craig Wormald. We picked up Joe Fogarty along I-395 N.


We left Norwich at 9:10am for the ride north, it was beautiful and sunny, a couple clouds thrown in for effect, and awesome temperatures. On the ride up, I don't remember the restaurant we stopped at for lunch. We arrived at Naswa Resort in Laconia, about a mile from the main vendors on the beach , around 2:30pm.

After settling in, Rocket had some friends she had to check in with and see what her schedule was, so her and I went on a little adventure. While Rocket and I were out, the rest of the group decided to go to the Broken Spoke Saloon. I heard rumors about two club members trying to ride the bull.
 Back to Rocket and I, we arrived at her friends, bullshitted for a while and left to go to the Lobster Pound where there were more vendors and she had to find out what time she was working. Arriving at the Lobster Pound, we entered through the do not enter area, LOL. Like that is any different then any of our MC's rides. While we were there she got her schedule freeing us up to go shopping for some tail signal lights.


We left to meet up with the rest of the club back at the hotel's restaurant for some dinner. I was pleasantly surprised that they had really good food, I would highly recommend this place to anyone going up there.


We all hung around for a little while. The members then started to make there way to there respected hotel rooms. Rocket left the group to go back to where the law firm was staying.



On Tuesday, June 15th, 2010, I met the club at the beach where the vendors were. You might be wondering why I say met, instead of ride with. Monday night, the plan was to leave after breakfast, and the group was planning on breakfast at 10:00 am in the restaurant. Once again, everyone knows how much I love to get up for breakfast. Well, while I was sleeping, people had breakfast early, and decided to change the depart time. So here I am, getting ready and all of a sudden, I see my club getting on there bikes and leave. I guess the moral of the story is, If you aren't with them, you aren't with them and you won't know whats going on. I really need to start eating breakfast. Anyways, I finally met up with the group and ...we went our separate ways.


My parents and I did some shopping on the beach. While there, we hooked up with the day-trippers for a minute. Once my parents and I were done with the beach, we made our way up to the Lobster Pound where there were more vendors.


We did some more walking around. For a motorcycle rally, there seems to be an awful lot of walking. Once I had everything I wanted (IE spent enough), I left the group and headed to the Fun Spot next to the Broken Spoke to visit Rocket and the Haymond booth. At the Fun Spot I ran into Rich and Nelly and had lunch with them. For lunch, I had a great steak burger. After we ate, went over to see Rocket at the booth. We Socialized for a little while then went to a T-shirt vendor because Rich and Nelly needed to buy some. Once they were done shopping, the three of us made our way back to the hotel where everyone kind of just chilled.
 That evenings plan was to meet at 5:00pm in the hotel parking lot. You may ask, what about the day-trippers, no real mention of them. Well, we had a better night then they did. Ginny's throttle cable on her trike decides, “Oh, this would be a great time to brake!” So a couple of guys went in search of a business where they might get a new cable, about thirty miles away. (I believe.) So the day-trippers wait about three hours before they came back.. Another triker arrived while they were away and he had a spare cable. It was late enough by the time they finished so they decided to have dinner. They didn't get home until 1:00 am Wednesday morning. OK, now back to the Naswa group.


We sat around the hotel waiting on 5:00 pm. Rocket arrived at the hotel right out of work. We decided to hang out for a bit and before mounting up at 5:00 pm for a tour around the lake by member, Mike Demers, who happen to be staying down the road at a campground. The ride was about 50 miles I believe, and ended up at Hart's Turkey Farm for dinner. (Tom's dream, oh wait, his dream is chicken.) We ate then left heading towards the Broken Spoke because some members hadn't yet gotten the chance to get there. Arriving at the Broken Spoke, a couple members broke off to go back to the hotel. We pull into the parking lot, and met up with Smurph at the bar. We stayed there for a short while. The place was a little dead, so we headed back to our lodging. After settling back in, some people went down to the beach behind the hotel, to have our own party. The party was good, laughing, have a good time and then back to our rooms for bed.

The next morning was an early wake up. Dress, Pack, check out and back on the road en route to home. We made a couple gas stops and stopped at a 99 restaurant in Massachusetts to eat. This was about an hour away from home. After eating, we walked out to the bikes and noticed there was questionable weather rolling in. Our leader of the day says, “Oh, we aren't suppose to get hit until 7:00pm.” I thought to myself, OK, that's not bad, we will miss it. Get back on the bikes, and we are off. 20 minutes later, the flood gates decide to open up, and none of us with rain gear on. We didn't stop because at this point, we were SOAKED! As we arrived back in CT, members broke off at their respectable exits.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment