Monday, January 14, 2013

So...What is it about a bike?

Most everyday, I drag my sorry butt out of bed, usually late, do all those things we do in the morning, stroll out to the cage, get in and drive to work. Day in an day out, same thing. I cruise along the interstate with a bunch of people who have no clue what they are doing or what is going on around them. I pull into the parking lot, lock the car, and trudge inside to start the day.

Friday night I took the bike home in the rain, Saturday morning I awoke got on the bike and went for a ride...in the fog and rain. Came home around two did a few "around the house" type of things, jumped back on the bike and went for a cruise, in the rain. Sunday I awoke to heavy fog and ...well...read the previous post. This morning I got up at 5:45am did those "morning things" jumped on the bike "in the rain" and hit the road. A couple of back roads, a State Highway, and an Interstate and I was in New London. I stopped at Mickey D's to pick up coffee came into work, washed the bike and put it away.

But ...here's the difference, when I take the cage to work, nice weather or crappy, that's it..I took the cage to work, end of story. When I take the bike to work...well...I don't want to go to work, I don't want to be at work, I don't want to think about work. and I sure as hell don't want to stay at work. Sun, Fog, Rain, who cares, windy and cold, sunny and warm, Don't care...I just want to ride. So...

What is it about a bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment