Thursday, August 9, 2012

Metal, cloth, blood and sweat

I ordered the fillers to go between the fender and the saddlebags on Charlene...

Of course you order them painted to match, so mine are  Ember Red. Once on they take away that nasty empty area between the painted parts in the rear.
Of course I don't have the Old Man Geezer Glide saddlebag crash bars on mine, but this is the only picture of red fillers I could find.

They go on pretty easy, remove the saddlebag, remove the lower exhaust bracket bolt, place filler attach with three bolts...done. I did find that once again HD seems to have not given much thought to uniformity. The lower bolt on the bike is a star bolt, the replacement bolt for that location is a star bolt. All three bolts take the same size nut, but why do they have the other two bolts allens?

I sweated a bit putting the parts on in the heat of the receiving bay at work, and while it was difficult to see what I was doing with the stinging salty sweat rolling in my eyes, it actually got a little more difficult to see when the sweat was joined by blood. (Installation note, make sure the Tour-pak latches are closed before performing this job, coming up from beneath the latches hurts a tad, produces a fair amount of blood, and a fair amount of swears.)

I also installed these on the bike today...


These install really quickly and do quiet the contents of the glove box lowers radically. I have a Pewter Kickstand Pad I received from HOG, and it rattles against the hard plastic interior of the boxes something awful. Now...real quiet...

They just pop in place, and they're fuzzy. 

klay


No comments:

Post a Comment